Phelps Medical Associates is the primary and specialty care medical group of Phelps Memorial Hospital Center, a 238-bed acute care community hospital located in Sleepy Hollow, NY. As part of Northwell Health (formerly known as North Shore-LIJ Health System), the hospital, Phelps Medical Associates and their patients benefit from the support and resources of the largest healthcare system in New York State.
The board-certified physicians, nurse midwives and nurse practitioners of Phelps Medical Associates see their patients in modern offices located at the hospital and in the surrounding communities, where they provide compassionate and exceptional care tailored to each patient’s individual needs. Our patients give high satisfaction scores based on the personalized, high quality care they receive.
Our practices use a state-of-the-art Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system. Patients are given access to their medical records through a secure, web-based patient portal, which also permits them to communicate with their healthcare providers.
For patients who are having difficulty managing their medications, Phelps Medical Associates has a dedicated pharmacist who offers in-person or phone consultations. A Care Management Team provides comprehensive supportive services to patients with complex medical issues, helping to ensure that their medical, social welfare, medication and equipment needs are met.
Phelps Medical Associates practices have met the rigorous standards for safety, clinical quality and patient satisfaction, as evidenced by the group’s accreditation by The Joint Commission – the organization that accredits and certifies nearly 21,000 healthcare organizations in the U.S. Various other accreditations have been earned by the group’s specialty practices.
The mission of Phelps Memorial Hospital and Phelps Medical Associates is to improve the health of the community they serve by:
- improving the health of the community we serve;
- sustaining an environment of excellence where medical, social and rehabilitative services are delivered proficiently, efficiently and effectively;
- offering a broad range of preventive, diagnostic and treatment services;
- educating our community to achieve optimal health outcomes and quality of life;
- striving to enhance the personal and professional excellence of our medical, nursing, paraprofessional, technical, administrative and support staff;
- providing comprehensive care in a safe, modern environment where advanced medical techniques and effective management and planning are coupled with the strong Phelps tradition of caring.