- Alcohol & Substance Abuse Treatment
- Balance Center
- Behavioral Health
- Bone Densitometry
- Cancer Institute
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Cardiovascular Laboratory
- Cardiovascular Risk Assessment
- Cat Scan
- Critical Care Unit
- Decontamination Unit
- Diabetes - Adult
- Diabetes - Pediatric
- Diabetes, Osteoporosis & Metabolism Center
- Electroconvulsive Therapy
- Emergency Services
- Emergency Training Services
- Gastrointestinal Motility
- Hand Therapy
- Hearing (Audiology)
- Hernia Center
- Hyperbaric Medicine
- Infusion Center
- Laboratory Services
- Lung Nodule Center
- Memory Loss
- Mental Health Services
- Nutrition Counseling for Outpatients
- Ostomy - Outpatient
- Pain Management Center
- Palliative Care
- Pediatric Endocrinology
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Pulmonology & Respiratory
- Respiratory Care
- Robotic Surgery - da Vinci Xi
- Senior Health & Internal Medicine
- Sleep Disorders
- Stroke Center
- Swallowing Disorders
- Thoracic Surgery
- Vascular Institute
- Vitality for Seniors: Your Partner in Health & Wellness
- Voice Disorders
- Wound Healing
Pulmonology & Respiratory
The Pulmonary Lab provides diagnostic testing to assess how well the lungs are working and provides pulmonary rehabilitation that helps improve activity endurance and lessens shortness of breath for those suffering from lung disease. The staff is registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care and all hold current New York State licenses. Respiratory Therapists and Pulmonary Function Technologists carry out all testing and procedures under the direction of a board-certified pulmonologist.
Please call (914) 366-3712 for appointments or for more information.
Back to Top
Arterial Blood Gases (ABG):
A blood test drawn to assess the Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide levels in your blood.
Pulmonary Function Test (PFT):
PFTs are used to diagnose the cause and severity of breathing disorders. PFTs help the doctor evaluate conditions such as shortness of breath, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma, emphysema, and pulmonary fibrosis. These tests may also be used to determine whether specific therapy (for example inhaled medication) will be helpful in treating your lung condition.
Pulmonary Function Tests include:
- Arterial Blood Gas Testing
- Pulse Oximetry
- Spirometry (pre and post Bronchodilator)
- Diffusion Capacity Testing
- Lung Volume Measurement
- Airway Resistance
- Flow-Volume Loops
- Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing
- Maximum Breathing Capacity
- Exercise Induced Bronchospasm Testing
- Maximum inspiratory and expiratory pressure
- Oxygen Testing (Rest and Exercise)
Pulmonary Stress Test (Gas Exchange Stress Test):
An exercise stress test records Oxygen uptake, Carbon Dioxide production, Anaerobic Threshold, heart rate and rhythm while pedaling on a recumbent bike, tracking the patient’s response to pulmonary limitation or fitness. The level of exercise is gradually increased to the patient’s maximum ability to exercise or maximal heart rate. A Pulmonologist and licensed therapist are always present.
Simple Respiratory Stress Tests:
- Desaturation Study: Test performed at rest and with exercise to determine a patient’s oxygen need.
- Six Minute Walk: Test performed with or without oxygen to titrate a patient’s oxygen level during exertion to an acceptable level of Oxygen Saturation as ordered by their physician.
- Exercise-Induced Bronchospasm: Test performed to determine if a patient develops bronchospasm during exercise.
A test performed at rest to determine a patient’s Oxygen Saturation.
Back to Top
Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program:
Pulmonary Rehabilitation offers persons with lung disorders the ability to improve their quality of life through a program tailored to individual needs. Pulmonary rehab lessens the sensation of shortness of breath, while helping improve activity endurance. The program includes patient evaluation, education and exercise training, all monitored by licensed, registered respiratory therapists and is supervised by Board Certified Pulmonary Physicians. Pulmonary rehab is covered by most insurance companies.
Better Breathers Club/ Pulmonary Fibrosis Support Group:
Phelps Hospital’s pulmonary support groups meet on the second Tuesday of the month at 12 noon. Topics vary monthly. The program is open to the public. Reservations are required- 914-366-3712.
Back to Top
701 North Broadway
B-Level – Pulmonary Lab
Sleepy Hollow, NY 10591
Back to Top
Testing/procedures are performed by appointment only.
Special arrangements may be available for off-hours testing.
Monday – Thursday
7 am – 4 pm
7 am – 3 pm
Back to Top