Third Annual Autumn Games – September 15, 2018
Phelps Hospital and the Town of Mount Pleasant are pleased to announce the third annual Autumn Games, a day full of activities for adults age 55+. Autumn Games is a unique event with exercise and athletic challenges of all levels that will give participants an enjoyable experience and inspire more active, healthy lifestyles. Autumn Games will take place at the Mount Pleasant Community Center in Valhalla on Saturday, September 15, 2018 from 10:00am-4:00pm.
Bag lunch available for $5.00
Sponsors: Cedar Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
Events – Complete Calendar of Activities
- Participants must be 55 years or older
- Each participant must have a signed consent form
- Pre-registration preferred. Registration is available at the door but space is limited.
- Triathlon – 200 yard freestyle swim, 3 mile bike ride, 1.5 mile run
- Bocce ball
- Pickleball – instructional opportunity and tournament
- Obstacle Course – walk a straight line, step through hoola hoops, corn hole toss, hit a hole in one, push a ball through arches with a broom, run around cones, hoop throw, run with a ball on a spoon, plus more.
- Scavenger Hunt (team event) – three parts: all day hunt for items, a treasure map search and a test of trivia knowledge. Points are awarded for each item found on the list, for finding the treasure and for each correctly answered trivia question. The team with the highest combined score after one hour will be the winner.
Note: Sections of this event do not require any physical activity and should be considered an option for those who wish to participate in the Autumn Games for Seasoned Adults but are unable to compete in other more physical events.
- Chair Yoga
- Water Aerobics – bring your bathing suit
- Name That Tune
- Stay Fit and Strong
- Tai Chi
For More information contact:
Ellen Woods – Vitality Program Manager, Phelps Hospital
Department of Recreation and Parks, Town of Mount Pleasant
Healthy Living Resources for Seniors:
Ten Tips for Healthy Eating
Six Ways to Eat Well