- 11:00am-11:45am Laughter Yoga– Taught by Vinodray Shah, helps to speed the healing process and reduce stress and anxiety by releasing endorphins while laughing. This practice helps foster a positive attitude and the feeling of happiness. Laughter Yoga workouts are also good for the heart, diaphragm, abdominal, respiratory and facial muscles. After laughing, the positive effects can last up to 45 minutes, benefiting the cardiovascular system as well as reducing blood pressure.
- 12:00pm-12:45pm New Patient Orientation– Introducing new patients to the services offered at Phelps Hospital Northwell Health and the staff involved in treatment. Brochures and written materials will be available. Opportunity to ask questions and clarify patient’s concerns.
- 1:00pm-1:45pm New Patient Chemotherapy Review Class– RN will discuss treatment(s), side effects, medical issues and patient’s concerns. This will be a group community education.
- 2:00pm-2:30pm Nutrition for the Cancer Patient– Dietitian will discuss diet and nutrition needs during and post treatment.
- 2:45pm-4:00pm Support Session/ Speakers– Chance to meet and talk with other patients, care givers and family members. Guest speakers from other organizations, community and staff will be available for support.
Radiation Conference Room
777 North Broadway, 1st Floor
Sleepy Hollow, NY 10591
Other Ongoing Activities: Pet Therapy and Reiki
Please call your support group contact Carol Greiner at (914) 366-1661 for more information.