- Advance Directives
- Billing & Financial Assistance
- Child Health Plus
- Derechos del Paciente
- Directions to Phelps Memorial Hospital
- Free Health Screenings
- Gift Shop
- Hospitality Services
- Medical Records
- Patient Guide
- Patient Portal
- Patient Rights
- Surgical Services
- Visitor Hours
Patient and Visitor Info
The Medical Records Department, also known as the Health Information Management (HIM) Department, keeps documentation of each patient’s medical care during hospitalization. The medical record includes test results, medications, treatments or therapies, x-rays, and reports.
You can obtain your records in multiple ways:
- By logging on to the Patient Portal, “MyPMHC“
- By visiting the Medical Records Department at the hospital, Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5 pm
- By Mailing or faxing your request
- Mail to: Phelps Memorial Hospital Center, HIM Department, 701 North Broadway, Sleepy Hollow, NY 10591
- Fax: 914-366-1457
To request your medical record in person or by mail/fax, a copy of a photo ID is required, and you will need to fill out a “Release of Information Authorization” form. Below are links to the forms in both English and Spanish:
All requests will be processed within 10 business days. Urgent requests will be handled with priority.
Please note there may be a fee associated with your request.
For more information, please contact the HIM department at 914-366-3065.
Back to Top
Patient Portal: MyPMHC
The patient portal, MyPMHC, is a secure Internet access to certain records from any of your hospital stays since 2010. It is a way for your to keep track of your medical history and share it with others, if you want to.
Types of information available at MyPMHC
- Lab test results (not including pathology)
- Vitals when discharged from the hospital (blood pressure, heart rate, etc.)
- Medication administered or prescribed during hospitalization
- Summary reports of your hospitalization
- Follow-up appointments made for you
Back to Top
eHealth - Making medical records available electronically
eHealth is the use of a computer network, instead of paper, to store and manage your medical records. eHealth is sometimes called “health information technology.”
New York is rolling out a statewide eHealth network called the SHIN-NY (Statewide Health Information Network for New York) to improve the quality and safety of healthcare for New Yorkers.
The SHIN-NY is made up of smaller networks called RHIOs (Regional Health Information Organizations). RHIOs get and share information about patients locally, from such places as hospitals, physicians, pharmacies, clinical laboratories, health insurers, and the Medicaid program.
Making your records easily available in one place on a computer means that any doctors in the area who take care of you will be able to get a more complete picture of your health, which helps them in making decisions about your care. Quick access to your health information could even save your life in a medical emergency.
If you want to participate in eHealth, all you have to do is sign a consent form. At the time of registration at the hospital an Admitting Department representative can assist you with signing up for eHealth.
More information about eHealth in New York is available at:
- www.ehealth4ny.org – A web site developed for the public by the Legal Action Center
- www.health.state.ny.us/technology – The New York State Department of Health’s Office of Health Information Technology Transformation
- www.nyehealth.org – The New York eHealth Collaborative
- Or you can call: 877-690-2211
Back to Top