- Calendar of Events
- Caring for Our Community 2014
- Community Service Plan
- Contact Us
- Mission & Vision
- NYMC Phelps Family Medicine Residency Program
- Phelps Hospital Affiliations
- Phelps Hospital Annual Reports
- Phelps Hospital News
- Phelps Hospital Phone Directory
- Phelps Today Magazine
- Senior Management Staff
- Vital Signs Videos
Phelps Farmers Market at the Park to Launch July 11
(June 28, 2013) Phelps Farmers Market at the Park will open for the season on Thursday, July 11, from 11am to 3pm, and continue weekly through November at the entrance to the Rockwood Hall area of Rockefeller State Park, at the end of Route 117. Sponsored by Phelps Memorial Hospital Center, this source for fresh local produce, artisanal farm products and healthful prepared foods welcomes shoppers from nearby communities.
The farmers market is part of Phelps’ Vitality Initiative, which focuses on encouraging wellness in the community. “We are all about promoting good health,” says Phelps Senior Vice President Daniel Blum, “and good health starts with good food. The market was so popular last year, we wanted to continue to offer our community convenient mid-week access to farm-fresh produce and other healthy foods.”
Once again, the market will be organized and managed by Pascale Le Draoulec of Hastings, a food writer and author who runs farmers markets in Chappaqua, Hastings and Irvington.
Shoppers will find a wide range of farm-fresh fruits and vegetables, farm products such as cheeses, eggs, and meats, as well as prepared foods such as baked goods, sandwiches and salads. Some of last year’s popular vendors will return, including True Food, offering heart-healthy burritos and salads such as garlicky chickpea and kale, and Betsy Rich with her delicious Champagne and Guinness flavored brownies. Wright’s Apple Farm from New Paltz will be offering homemade jams, fruit pies and pickles, plus free-range chickens and eggs.
Exciting additions to the line-up this year include:
- Red Barn Bakery, the renowned organic baker from Irvington, offering savory tarts and “farm-to-table” gourmet sandwiches
- Black Forest Flammkuchen Co. pizza truck serving Alsatian-style thin crust pizzas
- R&G Produce, an extensive farm with deep roots in Orange County’s Black Dirt Country, whose market bins will be brimming until late fall with tomatoes, sweet corn, arugula and eggplant.
Rotating vendors will include the vintage Penny Lick Ice Cream cart, Clean Ridge Soap Company, and the Bronx Baking Company, famous for their bacon-wrapped pretzels.
Phelps Farmers Market at the Park will be open every Thursday from 11am to 3pm until November. Convenient free parking is available in the Rockwood Hall parking lot at the end of Route 117. More information may be obtained by calling 914-366-3937.